WHEN: The next beginner fairy cottage workshop will be November 3-6, 2022, in Ojai, CA. It will begin Thursday afternoon at 3pm (PDT), and end on Sunday at noon (PST). It will be an intimate group of no more than 5 students.
WHERE: We will be working mostly outdoors, at a private studio, on a covered terrace with a stunning view of the Topa Topa mountains. The studio is between Ojai and Oakview. Exact address will be given upon registration.
COST: The three-day workshop is $350.
To hold your space, a deposit of $150 is required at registration, and the balance of $250 is required by October 31, 2022.
Fill out this registration form and you’ll be contacted with exact address and further information.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE WORKSHOP:
- lunch on Friday and Saturday
- snacks and drinks daily
- all instruction
- all supplies
- a blessing on your completed cottage
- discussion of the fairy realm in today’s world
WHAT TO BRING:
- a jacket for chilly evenings (average day temps 70º, nights 50º)
- old clothes/shoes you can make a mess in
- special, small, meaningful pebbles, trinkets, or crystals to put onto your cottage (like a hagstone)
- a pair of regular scissors (not your “good scissors”!)
- needle-nosed pliers and pruning shears are helpful, but not required.
- a few interesting twigs, about 10″ long and no bigger around than your thumb. Don’t worry if you don’t have them…we’ll go on a twig hunt first thing on Thursday.
If you are flying, the big airports are Los Angeles (LAX), Burbank (BUR) and the nearest, Santa Barbara (SBA). You will need either a rental car, Uber.com, or TopaTopaTaxi.com to get from the airport to Ojai and around town when you go to dinner and/or your hotel.
There is the local OjaiTrolley.com which is inexpensive ($1.50 per ride) and has a stop a couple blocks from our studio (Woodland and Highway 33).
Need accommodations? Here’s a list of local hotels, campgrounds, or AirBnB’s.
ADVANCED STUDENTS: If you are a returning student, just enroll in any beginner workshop and I will teach you any 3 of the following techniques while you build another house.
- fairy glass for the windows
- lighting a cottage
- adding a chimney
- crafting your own forms for doors and windows
- make a “playhouse” with a second floor
- make a turret cylinder
|9-12pm||XXX||Sand Activation||Stone walls||Fairy cottage blessings|
|12-1:30pm||XXX||Lunch (provided)||Lunch (provided)||Workshop ends|
|3-5pm||Twig Hunt||Twig frames||Roof|
|5-7pm||Dinner on own||Dinner on own||Dinner on own|
|7-8pm||Studio Housekeeping||Optional: Fairy Realm discussion|
or keep working
|Option to return and keep working|
|9pm||Lights out||Lights out||Lights out|